On Saturday, January 25, 2003, 1:48:46 AM, Simon wrote:

> Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> writes:
>> This would be nice.  In the volunteer, every man do his bit, world of
>> Ruby library development, it's not possible to centrally manage this,
>> though.

> That's odd; I wonder how it's possible that it works in the volunteer,
> every man do his bit, world of Perl library development.

Fair point, but it's a matter of where the community's at.  I'm sure
Perl wasn't always as organised as it is now.  Ruby is extremely lucky
to be able to learn many things from Perl, but it still takes time.

Also, difference in languages engender difference in community
attitudes, approaches, capabilities, etc., although I can't really
elaborate on that.

What do you think of the idea I put forward, though?  I thought it was
right up your alley :)

Gavin