Matt Armstrong wrote:

> Robert Feldt <feldt / ce.chalmers.se> writes:
>
> > Having been away from this list for some time I'm not sure what is
> > the current status of wxRuby efforts. Could someone enlighten me? Is
> > there something of a time plan for it? (;))
>
> This is a RAQ (i just made that up: recently asked question).  A
> groups.google.com search of comp.lang.ruby sorted by date should bring
> up some threads.
>
> My summary from memory:
>
>     - The FreeRIDE folks started a port but it is way too raw to
>       release.
>     - The FreeRIDE folks aren't working on it, may in the future but
>       don't hold breath.
>     - Others are welcome to pick it up.

You mostly got it right.

I plan to get back to wxRuby as soon as I can pick up a little extra
bandwidth -- FreeRIDE, family, moving, and job-hunting have me currently
snowed under. If FXRuby were to shortly pick a few missing key parts, I
might consider passing the reigns to someone else so that I can devote more
time to FreeRIDE. Barring that I'll be back on wxRuby in a few weeks.

As always, anyone who wants to pitch in and help is very welcome to do so --
just drop me an email.

Curt