Tom Sawyer wrote:
> want to here a crazy idea?
>
> make require internet capable:
>
> 	require 'http://www.ruby.or/raa/somepackage/code.rb'
>
> oh, it gets crazier. before going out on the internet require will look for it
> locally. if it is available locally great, but if the package is not
> installed locally then it will use raainstall to install it. then finish the
> require. in essence, all code in the RAA gets a namespace according to the
> url and that is used for the require.
>
> crazy?

Any security guy/gal will freak out here!
Can you say "trojan"? Nope I don't mean contraceptives.. ;-)

To do what you describe securely, you'll need authentication mechanisms
via signatures, hashes, key-servers, etc. It'll turn pretty complex and
nightmarish in a blink of an eye...

--
Wai-Sun "Squidster" Chia
Techinical Consultant