Hi --

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Simon Cozens wrote:

> Daniel Carrera <dcarrera / math.umd.edu> writes:
> > I don't know what Simon thinks, but I really do think that exactly.  It
> > took me a while to find NArray.  The only reason why I can find it in RAA
> > now is because I already know it exists.
>
> Right. I believe there are decent Ruby modules for handling MIME mails;
> of course, I can't find them, because they're not sensibly named.

Any package that doesn't turn up on an RAA search for "mime" doesn't
deserve to be found.  Even if it's called "marcel", it should have
"mime" in its description.

> But hey, that doesn't matter! All that matters is that people deliver
> an unindexable, undocumentable, inexplicable mass of code. Then we'll
> catch up with CPAN, right?

Parts of CPAN, anyway :-)

But honestly, no one is advocating the kind of disorder you're
describing here.  There are some different views and ideas on the
table, but I think we all agree that things should be documented,
indexed, searchable, etc.

David

--
David Alan Black