Simon Cozens wrote:
> dblack / candle.superlink.net writes:
>
> Please, let's not forget lessons we learnt - even today: someone was
> asking for a Ruby Lisp interpreter. Now, what would that be called?
> Language::LISP? Scheme.rb? No, of course, it was given the eminently
> sensible name of Rouge, from which one could determine, well,
> absolutely nothing at all, except that it might have something to do
> with makeup. Naming is important!

But then, what the heck is a "mozilla" anyway? Is it some sort of a
Japanese monster?
Or a "gnumeric"? Huh?
Or a "squid"? Seafood?

My point is, software are like indviduals. If our parents named us with
names that describe our ethnicity, origin, and functions, then I'll be
called "Chinese dude who doesn't live in China, and likes to program in
Ruby".

My dual-cents, of course.

--
Wai-Sun "Squidster" Chia