Hello all,

When defining literal strings I tend to use single quotes instead of
double quotes.  The only time I use double quotes is when I need my
string to be scanned for variable substitution or special characters.

The reasoning behind this is that I read somewhere that the Ruby
interpreter handles single quotes faster than double quotes because
it doesn't have to parse the string looking for special characters.
Still I come across lots of code which never uses single quotes and
am guessing that the speed gain is not even noticeable in most cases.

Is my nitpicking going to help me out in the long run or am I just
waisting my time here.  This minor issue has been itching my brain
for a while now. :)

Thanks,

Emiel
--