On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:55:55 +0900, "Hal E. Fulton"
<hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:

||| I'll check that out. If I had invented a backwards Lisp, I'd have
||| called it Psil. ;) Maybe short for "Parentheses Still Infect Lisp."

That gave me a chuckle this morning, and for that I thank you. I'm actually
learning Lisp right now just for fun...

I just went to the Joy site and there is a paper there called "Joy: Forth's
Functional Cousin". I worked with Forth several years ago and really didn't
like the feel of it. Forth and Postscript both have the developer loading
things on the stack and popping them off by hand, which is what Joy seems
to do as well. I love the look of Lisp, which seems very logical and
elegant to me. Joy doesn't give me any Joy, at least not at first glance.

I could be completely wrong, of course, in which case I can be safely
ignored.

Joey

--
http://www.joeygibson.com