On Tuesday 21 January 2003 05:24 pm, Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
| Bruce Williams wrote:
| > On Tuesday 21 January 2003 04:18 pm, Vandemoortele Simon wrote:
|
| [snip]
|
| > | _Detail:_
| > | The album consists of different *sections*, each containing a
| > | description and *pages*. Every page contains the names of the pictures
| > | it shows, descriptions for the pictures and the name of the layout
| > | template used.
|
| [snip]
|
| > I'd use a YAML::Store-- easy to use, plus structure and raw-form
| > readability.
| >
| > Check out YAML4R:
| > 	http://www.google.com/search?q=YAML4R
|
| http://yaml4r.sourceforge.net/ says:
|
| 	Man 1: What's Yaml?
| 	Man 2: It's for writing data structures in plain text.
|
| haven't read far, but does this store binary data (photos) in base64 or
| something?
|
| cheers
| dim

Dimitri,

As Eric states in the thread, the metadata is what would be saved in YAML.  I
hadn't even thought of saving the acual image there, as merely saving it in a
tagged/id'ed format in a directory would be more efficient.  The whole point
of YAML IMHO is readability.

// B

--
Bruce R. Williams :: [iusris/#ruby-lang] :: http://www.codedbliss.com

  'It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
  tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.'
  -- Samuel Adams