Vandemoortele Simon wrote:
> _Background info:_
> I am writing my very first CGI app in ruby: it's a dynamic photo-album
> (yes, i know it's been done before, but how is one supposed to learn ?).

sounds like a similar position to me...

> - PStore
>   Not really sure how it works (limited info available).

this is what I'm using atm, and as part of my app I have images stored -
so I have this (or something like it):

class Image
   attr_accessor :id, :description, :type, :width, :height
   def initialize(id, description, type, width, height)
     @id, @description, @type, @width, @height =
       id, description, type, width, height
   end
   def == (other)
     (other.is_a? Image) &&
     other.id == @id &&
     other.description == @description &&
     other.type == @type &&
     other.width == @width &&
     other.height == @height

and I then simply store them in PStore.  PStore is easy:

store = PStore.new("filename")
images = store['images']

images.push(Image.new(...))

store.transaction do
   store['images'] = images
end

(other something like that - cant remember off the top of my head)

seems to work ok.

my advice would be to use PStore - store everything as one big graph of
objects...

cheers
dim