_Background info:_
I am writing my very first CGI app in ruby: it's a dynamic photo-album
(yes, i know it's been done before, but how is one supposed to learn ?).

_Question:_
I can't seem to decide under what format I should save my photo-album and
could use some pointers.

_Detail:_
The album consists of different *sections*, each containing a description
and *pages*. Every page contains the names of the pictures it shows,
descriptions for the pictures and the name of the layout template used.

_Solutions:_
Here are a few solutions I considered, as well as my thoughts about them

- Raw I/O
  Invent my own file format and do all the writing and parsing myself;
  stupid.

- XML
  Since there's some structure to the document, maybe XML is a good idea
  though it might be overkill in this case.

- PStore
  Not really sure how it works (limited info available).

- Marshalling
  Never used it, don't know if it is appropriate in this situation. (In
  fact I wonder in what situations it *is* used.)

I'd be glad to hear your thoughts about this subject,
Simon

--
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes you
nothing.  It was here first.