--- Tom Sawyer <transami / transami.net> wrote:

> [...] it occured to me that one might only need to
> persist the TopLevel which has
> everything else existing under it. does that follow?

Yes, but you don't need to persist the entire system,
just your application within the system. That way you
won't have trouble with storing internal system stuff,
and be able to run many independent persistent
systems.

Prevayler works that way, it takes a snapshot of an
application by marshalling the top object.

/Anders

=====
Anders Bengtsson              ndrsbngtssn / yahoo.se
Stockholm, Sweden

Gratis e-mail resten av livet p? www.yahoo.se/mail
Busenkelt!