On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 01:20 pm, Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
> thanks for the response.  so the difference between this and PStore (or
> Marshall from what I'v eheard) is ....?  I'm assuming you're talking
> about the load/save mechanics...  at transaction boundaries writing
> everything to disk?  I'm already doing that in my PStore backed impl,
> but am sure you're talking about something more...

I don't know, maybe I'm not; I'm just throwing ideas around. It would be more
transparent than Marshal; I haven't looked at PStore, so maybe it already
does this, although ahoward hinted that it is intended for exclusively
web-based programming, perhaps because of the way it is tied to CGI. It's
quite possible that something like this already exists - if someone knows of
such a beast, could you let us know since I for one would find it very
useful.

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au