On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 01:05 pm, Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
> sounds like we're about to write an OODB (o:  as I mentioned in my other
> email a query language and indexes are high on the list from my pov...

But it's not an OODB; all you'd be doing is saving the state of your objects
at the end of the program and recalling them at the beginning - so, you could
turn it into something like an OODB by having lots of big arrays of similar
objects, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Your query
language is Ruby itself, the same way you'd query any other set of objects in
a Ruby program - you can forget that they have been cached. Your indexes can
be built yourself and cached along with the rest of your objects; attempting
to build indexes into the system will reduce its general-purpose use.

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au