the hard thing is then indexes.... I've created my own little custom
wrapper on PStore that basically loads everything in memeory - but then
I have to do my own searches - I basically loop over the collection...
not good...

in time I see that I can create indexes on the things I know I need to
search on, and not keep the whole thing in memory - also speed up
searching considerably...

shouldn't be too hard on the scale I'm talking...

of course the real problem if you have an existing database is data
migration... show me a dba who will let you move their 2 gig schema into
something the open source community has built...

my 2c
dim