On Monday 20 January 2003 04:58 am, Anders Bengtsson wrote:
> I'd recommend looking at Prevayler, it's a very easy
> solution to most persistence problems.
> There is a Ruby port, Mnemonic, but you can write your
> own Prevayler port in a few hours if you need to.
>
> http://www.prevayler.org/

Prevayler is a very interesting idea, but it isn't a full purpose solution. i
would love to be able to use something like this but i have tables that are
multiple hundreds of megabytes each. i'd run out of memory pretty quick.

but it did get me thinking that it would be neat is Ruby could cache its
ObjectSpace to disk, or more exactly, if it could track object usage and
cache the objects with oldest/least use. then Ruby in and of itself could be
persistent, and work as a general purpose soultion.

thought?

-transami