On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Tim Bates wrote:

> Mnemonic looks good, but there has been no new version since Jan 2002. It
> still uses Lapidary for its test cases. Does anyone know of any current
> projects that do similar things? RAA/Library/Database reveals nothing else
> of the sort; the rest are interfaces to 'real' databases, rather than object
> persistence. The closest I've seen is db-backed (which doesn't seem to be in
> RAA) which uses a 'real' database to implement a sort of object persistence,
> but requires extending a given base class etc which Mnemonic (and Prevayler)
> don't require you to do.

if your development will be exclusively web based you might check out

    http://www.ruby-lang.org/raa/list.rhtml?name=cgi-sess-pstore

which is a Pstore backed session manager i wrote.  i've done quite a bit from
it and not ran into performance problems yet.  it's hard to imagine a scenario
where one would not use a rdbms or dbms (like berkley) in favour of an object
database, but require more speed than Pstore can give.  it's also *really*
easy to use : use it just like a regular CGI::Session only the keys and values
can be anything, not just Strings.

note that the little hack/work-around i did in the CGI class is no longer
needed in ruby 1.8.

-a

--