Daniel Carrera wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 08:35:02AM +0900, Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
>
>>  def foo(foobar)
>>    bar = 0;
>>    if foobar != nil
>>      bar = foobar * 4
>>    else
>>      bar = "foobar!"
>>    end
>>    bar
>>  end
>

> This works fine in my system.  Check your code.  Try this example on your
> system.

:D  always the way....  ok, by works fine - I'm assuming the intent is
obvious (in that I expect it to return the arg multiplied by 4, or the
string "foobar!" if there is no arg passed in.

I've changed my old code - and didn't checkin a broken version so dont
have what I was doing... but from what you're saying this ought to work
as I expect it to and it was no doubt just me doing something stupid.

cheers
dim