Hi,

At Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:22:42 +0900,
Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> > > This might broke packaging, at least for RPM-enabled targets because
> > > during RPM build a compiled binaries are installed into %buildroot/%prefix subtree
> > > which is definitely not the same as where binaries will be after user
> > > would install RPM package onto its system (it will be under %prefix).
> >
> > Do you mean relocatable RPM packages?  If so, they can be
> > substituted at %post section.  Otherwise, if you mean
> > %buildroot, it won't be included of course.

Also, this proposition is only for the files in standard
distribution, and ruby itself isn't relocatable under UN*X
because it contains absolute path names in $:.

> Both. I as didn't see original post, from summary it is not obvious which
> part of the path will be written in such cases. If %buildroot will be
> omitted, that's fine.

FYI, ruby's build/install process supports RPM's scheme, fakes
top directory while installation.  That is, $(prefix) means
%{prefix}, and $(DESTDIR) does %{buildroot}.  They are
separated.

--
Nobu Nakada