Hi,

Optparse is a quite powerful tool, but there are some issues:
1. It seems not to allow the '-d directory' style of option values.
  This is really bad. In the unix world this is almost standard.
  Also the Posix recommandation says explicitly that both '-d directroy'
  and '-ddirectory' should be accepted.
2. If you use the recommended form:
ARGV.options do |opts|
  opts.parse!
end
then optparse stops command line processing, but continues with
the script. This is also quite wrong. It should _not_ catch the exception
(I can do that myself if I want to). Default beheviour for erroneous
options should be exception. The programmer can put a Usage in the
rescue.

Cheers,

Han Holl