On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:28 pm, Anders Bengtsson wrote:
> I'd recommend looking at Prevayler, it's a very easy
> solution to most persistence problems.
> There is a Ruby port, Mnemonic, but you can write your
> own Prevayler port in a few hours if you need to.

Mnemonic looks good, but there has been no new version since Jan 2002. It
still uses Lapidary for its test cases. Does anyone know of any current
projects that do similar things? RAA/Library/Database reveals nothing else of
the sort; the rest are interfaces to 'real' databases, rather than object
persistence. The closest I've seen is db-backed (which doesn't seem to be in
RAA) which uses a 'real' database to implement a sort of object persistence,
but requires extending a given base class etc which Mnemonic (and Prevayler)
don't require you to do.

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au