On Sunday 19 January 2003 11:56 pm, Tim Bates wrote:
| On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:10 pm, Tom Sawyer wrote:
| > mod_ruby with eruby. i only recently heard of radical and haven't looked
| > into it. i needed speed b/c the app has lots of data flying around. i
| > like amrita, but was informed that speed is not its forte.
|
| Amrita is the ultimate in code/markup separation - The template can be 100%
| valid HTML since there are no special tags. Thus, elegance and code
| readability are its fortes, rather than speed. The speed is probably
| acceptable on a high-end hosted web server, but on my poor personal server
| it takes up to two seconds to serve a page. However, the next generation of
| Amrita is featuring a rewritten template compiler with speed and
| optimization in mind; speed is traded off for some of the flexibility of
| the old compiler, of course, but not losing any of the core functionality
| that makes Amrita brilliant. Therefore, I look forward in eager
| anticipation to the next generation Amrita, and if you're at all interested
| in templating, you should too since Amrita's approach is one of the best
| I've seen.
|
| Tim Bates

As Tim says, Amrita is really moving forward-- I've really seen the interest
in it grow, here and on the amrita-users mailing list.

That said, if anyone would like to contribute-to/talk-about Amrita in more
detail, please feel free to join the Amrita users group by visiting:
http://www.brain-tokyo.jp/research/amrita/
and continue to support Nakajima-san as this wonderful resource matures.

Several other useful and interesting templating libraries are discussed,
including :
  misen by SHIRAI Kaoru (at v0.10)
  xtemplate by TATEISHI Takaaki (at v0.30)

// Bruce

--
Bruce R. Williams :: [iusris/#ruby-lang] :: http://www.codedbliss.com

  'It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
  tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.'
  -- Samuel Adams