Paul:  I'll learn much from this article.  However -- and this is a nit --
technical writers shouldn't use 'will' for events occurring as the result
of present actions.  Also, avoid the use of the passive voice.

Examples:
Here, I will assume that the MySQL module is installed
Here, I assume that the MySQL module is installed
I assume that the MySQL module is installed

 without that line, DBI methods will fail.
 without that line, DBI methods fail.

 (Should another exception occur, it will be passed back to Ruby itself
for processing.)
 (Should another exception occur, it is passed back to Ruby itself
for processing.)
 (Should another exception occur, the program passes it back to Ruby
itself for processing.)

The array will be empty if the query
The array is empty if the query
The array is empty when the query