"Bjorn Stahl" <bjst01 / student.bth.se> wrote in message
> took a little peek at the ruby source, rb_sleep_forever() (the behaviour I
was looking for)
> was called only if no parameters were supplied (argc == 0) when calling
sleep.

Looks like I was completely off on that one ;-)
Need to get into the habit of looking at the ruby source once a while.

> This is abit confusing in relation to what "ri sleep" says:
> "...An argument of zero causes sleep to sleep forever..."

Yes, it is to me too !

> I interpreted that as using 0 as an argument would make it sleep forever.

Exactly ... and that was still the interpretation I was carrying. Thanks for
clearing it up.

> (And is forever really a good way of saying it? I'd call it making the
thread dormant (heck I'd even like
> a seperate method for just that behavior).

You mean an instance method like thread.dormant which will be like the class
method Thread.stop
Hmm...

> -- Bj?rn

-- shanko