On Monday, 20 January 2003 at  1:41:05 +0900, Chris Pine wrote:
> [...]

 You are right. I said to my self right after I hit the send key
 that I probably shouldn't have used refactoring...
 unless you consider that 1.add(2) does not add
 new functionality to 1.add(1). So, '1+1' and '1+2' are
 the same function, then (thinking like a mathematician)
 why should '1+x' be any different. :)

 Anyway, the point I was trying to get across (you have to step
 out of the CS world for a moment) is that math is not all
 numbers and scalars.

--
Jim Freeze