On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:41:05 +0900
"Chris Pine" <nemo / hellotree.com> wrote:

> [...]

You are right. It is not nit-picking. People tend to use words that have
specific meaning in casual ways that dilute or change their meaning. This
is *very bad* in technical professions such as ours that requires precise
language. Language is value-laden and imprecise as it is without further
dilution of the meanings of words.

Not picking on you here Jim, I know it is easy to pick the wrong words, do
it myself. Just be careful.

--
"Daniel P. Zepeda" <daniel@z,e,p,e,d,a,-,z,o,n,e.net>
(Remove commas for address)