"Shashank Date" <sdate / kc.rr.com> writes:

> I have commented out the multi-threading part because it does not work.

What do you mean by "Does not work"? Can you be more specific?

I uncommented the commented code and it worked as I expected. Of
course, since I'm running it on linux, I have to make some
modifications:

>             puts `ping localhost`

    puts `ping -c 5 localhost` # ping 5 times, then quit.

>        t.join

    I removed this line because it may not be what you want.  You
    spawned another thread and put it into the work_threads list
    because that thread potentially take a long time to do (for
    example, pinging 100 times). Thus, you probably don't want to join
    with it so soon (join meaning wait for it to finish before
    continuing to the next instruction).

So, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

YS.