On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Stephan K?mper wrote:

> > prompt> ruby prog.rb
> >
> > But Windows didn't recognize ruby as a program.
>
> What was the error message?

"Program not found" (or something along those lines).

> Is the ruby/bin directory in you PATH variable?
> It should be, if you are using the Pragmatic Programmers Ruby installation.

HHmmm...
Do you have to reboot the computer to make it work?

> > Also, is there a Windows equivalent of the '#!' line?
> >

> There's no such thing - as far as I know.
> But: You can associate files with the .rb suffix to the ruby
> interpreter. If you do this you can omit the 'ruby' part in the command
> line and run a program like this:
>
> prompt> prog.rb

That's cool too.  How do you do that?  Is that done automatically by the
Pragmatic programers install?  It think it must be because, like I said,
it did run ruby when I clicked on the program name.

Does that also require a reboot?

Thanks.

Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.
University of Maryland.  (301) 405-5137