From: Shashank Date [mailto:sdate / kc.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 7:37 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault on gets

I know that I get this error if I run it in SciTe 1.41 on Windows XP:

    >ruby tst.rb
    tst.rb:2:in `gets': Bad file descriptor (Errno::EBADF)
     from tst.rb:2
    What is your name?>Exit code: 1

But I have ** always ** got it to work in command shell (at the C:\>
prompt).

On your machine, what does the output of  "ruby -v" look like, Leon ?

--  shanko

news:NFBBKIJCMLMMEMOCCCDLCEKJCCAA.stevensl / lincolnu.edu...