In article <20030114222821.A2097 / freeze.org>,
 Jim Freeze <jim / freeze.org> wrote:

> > Also it might be worth trying to upload a .txt file as it might have
> > something to do with it not recognizing how to encode .rb file.
>
> Thanks for the tip. I tried a .txt file and it worked as it
> should. Thanks. I also tried a .tgz file. This file had an
> extra \0A on the end, but otherwise was ok.
> I find it interesting that it did not treat the .rb file
> as a text file.
>
> Thanks for the link. I glanced it over and rfc1521 about mime
> formats but did not have anything jump out at me as how to
> set mime types for cgi. Can this be done?

I think the Content-Type may be determined by the browser. If this is
the case then the browser's machine is the one responsible for knowing
that .rb files are text/plain.

I notice the webrick has a mime.types file that has rb defined as
text/plain so it should be able to handle knowing the content type of rb
files.

Ross