Hi,

In message "Re: ruby-dev summary 19198-19345"
    on 03/01/15, Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> writes:

|Why are you not convinced, Matz?  YAGNI?  Or implementation difficulty?
|I think it's a very good solution to a very real problem.  The problem
|is only aesthetic, but no less real for that.

Nobu already made a patch to implement it.  I feel like it can make
programs more cryptic.  "<<-|FOO"??  WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Other heredoc notations follow shell convention, so that there's
nothing new in syntax.  One of Ruby's secret is to be slow to merge
new syntax.

							matz.