matz / ruby-lang.org (Yukihiro Matsumoto) writes:

> In message "Re: ruby-dev summary 19198-19345"
>     on 03/01/15, Matt Armstrong <matt / lickey.com> writes:
>
> |I do not like this simply because it introduces a problem of tabs -vs-
> |spaces.
>
> I'm not sure Perl5 RFC162 is well though or not.  But Matt's comment
> is exactly what I thought when I read that.  Nobu's idea is much
> better, although I'm not convinced yet.

What I do not like about Nobu's idea is that the here document may be
harder to edit, since every line must have the leading | character.
The extra editing pain may outweigh any benefit.

Really, I would be happiest if ruby-mode.el just set the indentation
to column 0 for <<EOF (and did not for <<-EOF).  Then I would have no
use for this feature.  ;-)