Conrad Schneiker wrote:

# hal9000 / hypermetrics.com wrote:
#
# > 2. I do favor the possibility of a web-based browser. In fact, I
# > wouldn't mind if it was *truly* web-based, i.e., you could look at
# > code running on a remote machine as long as it had an embedded web
# > server.
# >
# > 3. I do also favor the possibilty of a "native" GUI, whether your
# > desktop of choice is Win32 or Linux KDE. In a case like this, I
# > would prefer an MDI interface, as nonmodal as possible.
#
# Well from this and some other related quality-oriented and
# capability-oriented comments on other threads, it seems to me that we
will
# probably want a Mozilla-based solution. <snip, snip, snip>

(Possible retort: what about things that could use the canvas widget of
Ruby/Tk? OTOH, with Ruby access to drawing primitives, I think we could
probably do OK if something similar isn't forthcoming.)

Unbeknownst to me, ActiveState has released Komodo 0.1 without bothering
to notify me (I was on a notification waiting list.) Anyway, thanks to
Google, here is the URL
(http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/Download_Komodo.html). The
download page says you have to install ActivePython first, which is only
available for NT at the moment. But eventually the installer demanded that
ActivePerl be installed. (This turned out to be mentioned in the Release
Notes.) A little tedious but painless.

Very preliminary, but still pretty interesting.

Conrad Schneiker