On 11 Aug, GOTO Kentaro wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

> I'm guessing your `patch' is too old. It is known that earlier
> versions of `patch' sometime reject `-u1' diff file. In this
> connection, my `patch' is version 2.1.

Too bad then, because...

$ patch -v
patch 2.5.3
Copyright 1984-1988 Larry Wall
Copyright 1989-1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of this program
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

written by Larry Wall with lots o' patches by Paul Eggert

Is that new enough, or do we speak about another patch tool? ;-)

>>Afterwards I have applied them by hand. But the most classes will not
>>copy its instance variables, using Gotoken's test.
>>
>>Strange! But I will try it again, if I have fetched 1.3.7.
>
> Hummm, I tried to patch to 1.3.6 and then tested but I got same as 1.3.7.

Who know, what kind of stupidity I have done here. I couldn't figure
out, what went wrong. :-(

But doesn't matter! I have already got the newest cvs-ball from
anon-CVS. Really nice, that feature :-)))

But with that newest Ruby, there happens some very strange effects
using `irb'. For example...

cle@qiao:~/ruby/ext > irb
irb(main):001:0> f = open("tt.t","r+")
(irb):1: [BUG] Segmentation fault
Aborted

I had core dumps on several occasions, using `irb' with new Ruby :-(

I had also following problem, which I couldn't reduce to some lines of
code...

$ ruby auree.rb test2.auree                      # ok!
$ ruby test2.auree                               # ok!
$ cat test2.auree test1.auree | ruby auree.rb    # ok!
$ cat test2.auree | ruby auree.rb                # BAMPF! CORE DUMP!!!

This happens along a line:

	obj = Classless__.clone

whereby Classless__ is a module.

I do not attach the code yet, as I will complete the doc first.
Furthermore the problem seems to be not so important, as the other three
ways work :-)

> -- gotoken

\cle