On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:07, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 03:37:20AM +0900, Harry Ohlsen wrote:
> > you could generate XML
>
> like there were any oversize problems *already*, huh?

I did say it was just an example :-).

In my case, XML is very helpful, because we're using XSLT to perform a lot of
transformations that would be a right pain to do using custom-built code.
XML is definitely *not* the panacea that people would lead you to believe, of
course.  It just happens to work well in some cases, though.

All I was getting at was that with a bit more information, one of the people
on the list might see a completely different way to solve the problem, that
didn't involve generating the huge arrays in the first place.

That's not to say there is such a solution, but it's easy to become blinkered
when you've put a lot of effort into going down one path.  A fresh
perspective can often be very helpful.

H.