I sometimes find myself doing something like this:
	class A
		def initialize(a, b, c)
			@a = a
			@b = b
			@c = c

Of course there would be more to the class, but that initialize method
seems a little redundant. Wouldn't it be neater to be able to do "def
initialize(@a, @b, @c);end" and be done with it? I tried to do that on a
whim, and got something like "formal argument cannot be an instance
variable".

I'm sort of a perpetual nuby here, so I'd like to hear why this isn't
possible. I have a feeling that the alternative I propose makes no sense
on some theoretical level that is beyond my feeble grasp. I guess it is
because they are "formal arguments", so it wouldn't make sense to have
them persist over the lifetime of the object the way instance variables
normally do.