I wish 'require' would count the current directory as the directory the file
is in, rather than the directory the script is being run from. My test
scripts do

require 'test/tc_default'

This works fine if you're running the test script which runs all the tests, as
it resides in the parent directory. However, if you cd into the test
directory and run a test case directly, it can't find it, since it's looking
for 'test/test/tc_default' instead, which of course doesn't exist.

The same goes for my executable file, sitting in the bin directory. I've had
to add a line

in order to get it to run out of the tarball (I don't want to have to install
it while testing...) Then I added a pre-setup.rb (hook for install.rb) which
removes this line when the file is installed. This works, but it is very
kludgy to me - surely there's a better way? (Oh, and it means once you run
install.rb, the file is no longer the same one you downloaded... this in
itself is bad, I think.)

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au