Stephen White writes:

# On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Dave Thomas wrote:
#
# > A comment I heard several times at OOPSLA was that Ruby could take
# > over the world if it had a good browser.
# >
# > So, I've been thinking about what a Ruby browser would look like.
#
# I've been working on ideas for a code browser for the last few months,
and
# am intending to write it in Ruby. Perhaps anyone else here who is into
this
# kind of thing could put their hand up, and we can start a group to write
# one? We can do all the Pragmatic and Extreme stuff. :)

I think that is a good idea ...

# We could get started with another mailing list, and have a round of
# posting wish-lists and ideas.

... but I recommend not forking the list for the time being (unless the
number of postings *really* got out of hand for *many* days on end).

# I'll volunteer to keep track of the ideas
# and generate documentation, coz this is usually the last thing anyone
# wants to do and I'd really like to see this effort succeed.

Well, let me raise one of the first implementation issues then. Can and
should we do the first version in Ruby/Tk, since that is sort of the
default standard GUI interface for Ruby at the moment?

(And can we call the Ruby browser "Laser"? :-)

Conrad Schneiker