On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Dave Thomas wrote:

> A comment I heard several times at OOPSLA was that Ruby could take
> over the world if it had a good browser.
>
> So, I've been thinking about what a Ruby browser would look like.

I've been working on ideas for a code browser for the last few months, and
am intending to write it in Ruby. Perhaps anyone else here who is into this
kind of thing could put their hand up, and we can start a group to write
one? We can do all the Pragmatic and Extreme stuff. :)

We could get started with another mailing list, and have a round of
posting wish-lists and ideas. I'll volunteer to keep track of the ideas
and generate documentation, coz this is usually the last thing anyone
wants to do and I'd really like to see this effort succeed.

I'm particularly excited about doing this project in Ruby as it means
having direct access to the parser in real-time. This opens up a world
of new possibilities that don't exist with parse-into-database type
code browsers like Source Navigator.

--
  steve / deaf.org