Hi all,

I've requested in the past that modules like "timeout" be wrapped in their
own module (well, ok, I said class, but I meant module).

Originally I requested this because the word "timeout" was a variable I like
to use from time to time (it's fairly generic), but I occasionally would run
into trouble when I set an attr_accessor for it (as the timeout module's
"timeout" method was then effectively overwritten).

Today I discovered a new reason for putting timeout into its own module -
delegation.  If I delegate to an object that has a "timeout" method (such as
DBRC), then it forwards the call to that object, rather than calling the
timeout I expect.  If I could do Timeout::timeout, I wouldn't have this
issue (I don't *think* I would, at least).  I think this is the sort of
gotcha that could nail other people and it can be a pain to track down.

Please wrap standalone methods in their own modules!

Regards,

Dan

PS - there are others besides timeout.rb, but I can't think of them at the
moment