Johann Hibschman wrote:

# I just failed to get Ruby 1.6.1 to compile for Mac OS X.  Has anyone
# managed to get this working?

I don't recall any recent mention of building on Mac OS X. I wouldn't be
surprised if more people with such an interest start turning up soon, so
even if help is not immediately forthcoming, some might turn up reasonably
soon.

There are a few posts referring to Mac OS X on the Japanese ruby-list mail
list. If you are real ambitious, you might want to try the translation
service mentioned under "What's New" on the Ruby home page
(http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/index.html) to check them out.

Meanwhile, it might be a good idea to post the errors that you encountered
here (and cc: ruby-bugs / www.ruby-lang.org too) and see if anyone can help.

Conrad Schneiker