"Harlan Pankau" <hpankaux / earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Xns92F9A34088C27hpankauxearthlinknet / 207.217.77.21...
> Thanks for the insight. Most of my users are NOT very computer literate.
> I must provide a very intuitive GUI for them, for them not get into
> trouble. I am not yet familiar with COM objects as I have only used
> whatever Access provides.

You can use the FOX GUI (FxRuby) for user interface - it's in the one click
windows installer.
Using COM can be difficult, but the Access COM objects are easy to work with
and the syntax in Ruby should be very close to Access Basic. You have been
using COM objects all along without knowing it. But if possible, try start
with the DBI interface - it will probably do what you need and is less
hassle figuring out what you can do and how to do it.

I haven't read the book "Ruby Developers Guide", but I think there is good
DB material in it.

Mikkel