On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:12:17 +0900, matz / ruby-lang.org (Yukihiro
Matsumoto) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In message "does exist something like Method.info ?"
>    on 03/01/03, gabriele renzi <surrender_it / rc1.vip.lng.yahoo.com> writes:
>
>|I seem to remember that I saw something like method.__doc__ in that
>|language that starts with a P, do we have something like this in Ruby?
>|
>|If not, Why not?
>
>It makes the interpreter bigger.  I think it should be a separate
>program.  I believe Dave Thomas is working on integrating ri and RDoc,
>and I made approval to RDoc'ize the standard libraries (including C
>written built-in).  So "ri" situation will be improved.
>							matz.

it seems a good reason to me and even a good solution.
Could I even ask to have the ruby inline documentation
compiled/installed directly with the interpreter?

Not that instaling it launching rdoc is a big work, but it would be
nice :)

thanks for answering me