Happy new year!

After an upgrade of my ruby interpreter, many of my applications
do not run any longer. The problem was quite easy to find:

The behaviour of the singleton-method: Class.inherited has changed.
This method was called, when ruby finds a declaration of a subclass.
Now the method gets called, when the subclass was defined.

class Test   # <- class declared
  def bla
  end
end          # <- class defined

I use the Class.inherited feature to predefine nested classes
and constants. A nested class definition in such a class, will refine
those predefined classes. Therefor it is necessary to define such nested
classes after the class is declared (not defined).

The name Class.inherited implies the calling after a class is defined.
I suggest a second method Class.inherits, which gets called after a subclass is
declared. I think both approaches are useful to solve different problems.

Is it possible to introduce the method into the main ruby branch?

Best regards,
Matthias