On Thursday 02 January 2003 01:31 am, Idan Sofer wrote:
> W. Kent Starr wrote:
> >if (document.all) document.all.atext.innerTEXT = "text2"
> >else document.getElementById("atext").innerHTML = "text2"
>
> W3C DOM has no innerHTML as far as I understand, it is MS invention used
> only in their standard, so it should be:
> document.getElementById("atext").value="text2"

yes, i read that in my javacrap tomb, but it don't work in mozilla, innerHTML
does.

don't ask me! i think someone ought to be shot for all this. but my guess is
that their singing whoever it is praises daily over there as M$.

> the if/else hack is needed only to support browsers of IE <= 4.0, as IE
> 5.0 supports at least the basic parts of W3C DOM.

well, i'm only after the more recent versions. so i'm hoping innerHTML serves
me well on other browsers too.

-transami