On Wednesday 01 January 2003 08:28 pm, W. Kent Starr wrote:

> value="Text" /></td>

thanks, i realized i would have to resort to something like this soon after i
wrote my email. the difficulty is with subrecords, i.e where i have an array
of records to put up. with the form elements the names can be the same and
thus end up in an array. but <div id="x"> don't do that. so i have use index
numbers in the id, i.e. <div id="x0"> to identify each one individually.

> Well, I would like to see this as well. Unfortunately, I have very
> little influence with the Mozilla project and aboslutely none with
> Redmond. With regard to the former, though, soemone clever could
> implement a browser using "RubyScript" as an alternative to or
> replacement for JavaScript. But that is just the beginning; this super
> Rubified browser would have to gain sufficient market share to warrant
> site developers writing to it, and that is a long hard road.

perhaps its time to move to the next level. not try to strong arm anyone into
supporting rubyScript in the browser, etc, etc. the future i think is in
making a new browser, with better markup then HTML and easily plugable
client-side scripting (a la GIMP), and not dumbing down the power. imagine
how great it would be if we had Ruby on the client side and server side
talking dynamically and throwing up new fangled markup on the fly. now that
would be sweet. HTML is getting so old hat. thus the likes of Flash, but
Macromedia in there super wisdom created ActionScript (Javacrap++).

> > anyway, anyone have a better solution. i really don't want to hack it
> > like i've suggested, although is prob a clever what to do it with regexp
> > substitution (well, maybe, let me check this 800 pound manual)
>
> Hope some of my suggestions help.

yep, thanks Kent.

=tranasmi