On Wednesday 01 January 2003 04:57 pm, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Thursday, January 2, 2003, 4:10:53 AM, David wrote:
> > Second, if you want to create utilities for dealing with result sets.
> > from your code.  Moreover, such an object makes an ideal superclass for
> > objects that correspond to database tables.
>
> This sounds really good.  Has anyone really *really* clever
> generalised all this and released it as a library (in any language)?

Well, i did just extend DBI myself with a class Meta, don't see any reason
that this class can't be scaled up to include much of this functionality.

do you want to work on it David? i'll send you my code. it's very straight
foward, i'll even do a little preliminary work on it to make it easier to do.
mostly i expect all you'll have to do is write the "commit" code.
except...one question: are there going to be issues here with cross-sql
compatability for the different DBD backends? that would mean hacking the
different DBD's as well. hmm...well i suppose one could start with just the
functionality that would work cross-database first, then worry about where
the DBD's would need work later.

-transami