> I consider amrita to be a huge improvement over the entire cgi paradigm,
> let alone any implementation of a cgi lib, which is why I decided to
> step in and answer your question in this thread.

i'll agree with two notes: the CGI lib is still needed for forms processing
(unless you do it all manually, yuk) whterh you use Amriata or eRuby or what
have you. Also the word is the Amrita is much slower. So if you app is
complex and speed an issue than eRuby seems to be the better solution. There
is hope that this will be corrected though, and then we can have the best of
both worlds!

there has been talk about work on the CGI lib before, i beleive. i don't know
the status of the project, but there does seem like there is room for a
lighter-weight CGI lib. Perhps the "funny html support" should be sperated
into its own requirable module? that's seems like a good start and would make
it a one liner fix to bring older packages up to date.

-transami