dwerder / gmx.net (Dominik Werder) writes:

> Hi all!
>
> First of all thx to the makers of this wonderful language!
>
> I going to use Ruby as a replacement to PHP and wonder, what
> improvements to the CGI lib are already planned before I post my
> suggestions :)
>
> btw, am I the only one who feels that this funny html support doesn't
> belongs to a cgi lib?!?
>
> bye!
> Dominik

I can't speak specifically about ruby's cgi lib because I haven't used
it, but I can offer a strong recommendation for a ruby package called
"amrita" which you can find in RAA.  More than any other server-side
markup-language generation tool that I've seen (whether in PHP, perl,
python, ruby, or whatever), amrita does an excellent job of separating
markup language and the program logic behind the generation thereof.
This is done through normal HTML or XML tag attributes, and without any
of the ugliness (IMHO) that results from embedding code inside of
special tags like "<? ?>", "<% %>", or whatever.

I consider amrita to be a huge improvement over the entire cgi paradigm,
let alone any implementation of a cgi lib, which is why I decided to
step in and answer your question in this thread.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz / asfast.com