On Wednesday 01 January 2003 07:03 am, David King Landrith wrote:
> Is there any way to retrieve the table and database associated with
> each column in a resultset?

i have not seen a way, but i wonder how you got the resultset without first
knowing the database and table name?

> Also, I haven't been able to find anywhere that outlines the
> functionality goals of Ruby DBI vis a vis other database APIs.  It
> would be quite nice if the goal of Ruby DBI was parity with JDBC or
> ODBC rather than parity with Perl DBI (which is just barely good enough
> for rudimentary database programming).

all i can say is that i haven't been at a loss for getting things done with
Ruby DBI. what functionality does it lack that ODBC and JDBC have? by the way
there is a Ruby ODBC library avail., though i have no expeirence with it.

-transami