Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> writes:
> That's true, but these are not the most efficient avenues for
> harvesting.  It is appropriate to worry first about the Usenet angle.

This seemed plausable, but I did a survey of my incoming spam over the
past few days. 15 came directed to addresses that have only been used on
web pages, 35 to addresses I use for mailing list posts, and 3 to the
address I post to Usenet as. So I think the "Usenet is an evil harvesting
ground" meme is just a myth. It certainly used to be true, but I doubt it
is at the moment.

--
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about."
-- B. L. Whorf